Sunday, October 24, 2010

Golden Memories




My husband and I recently took our grandson Ayden on his first squirrel hunt. Brought back memories of my childhood and hunting with my grandma...I found myself repeating all the things she taught me. Never point a gun at anything you don't intend to kill, be really quiet went you are hunting, watch for snakes, don't wave your arms, whisper, don't drag your feet, don't step on sticks, dirt is quieter than leaves, and I held his hand when he was afraid...

Ayden's wearing his daddy's coveralls from when he was a little boy in these pictures. We've also bought a 410 for all our grandkids to learn to hunt with, Ayden carried it about 10 feet and gave out carring it. You can see all through the pictures where his paw paw is carrying his gun for him. I would occasionally send Ayden to go where his paw paw was so I could get a picture of them together and he would take of running he yell "hey paw paw, maw maw Cindy wants a picture of me and you. WD would stop and look back at me and smile and pose for the picture. This was a beautiful day, one I think I'll remember the rest of my life...Don't forget to slow down and enjoy time with your family. This was the best squirrel hunt I have ever been on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy Thompson Photography's Fan Box

About Me

My photo
I am a professional photographer, Specializing in Newborn/Childrens Photography. I also do Families, Seniors, Engagement, Bridal and Weddings. 318 339 6279